Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Audiologist Appt.

I knew the first step had to be taken so I scheduled an appointment with a local audiologist and we got the news that our daughter was profoundly deaf. For her to go this long without hearing anything at all was just devastating to me. But they were really good to her and its very hard to understand any of that medical stuff and since I never been through it before they really helped me a lot. They had fit her for hearing aids and children that are a year old we all know how busy they are so this was quite interesting. They had a different variety of colors and sparkles for the ear molds so I wanted her to have the ones that sparkles. Her ears were so tiny then and it was scary that I had to put something in them like that and of course she didnt like it. so what do you do when your kid wont leave her hearing aids in?

No comments:

Post a Comment