Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A new language

Toddlers are very busy exploring new things everyday and always getting into everything because they are curious so, of course my daughter was curious as to what these things were in her ear. So continuously I had to deal with her throwing them across the room and handing them to me. I had eventually enrolled her into a wonderful program through our local education offices because I figured maybe this woudl be good for her and our family to gain some more knowledge on this. They offered her a speech and hearing therapist and lucky for me her hearing therapist daughter was deaf so she I was hoping to gain a lot of knowledgable information from her and I did. She had said something to me that I never ever thought I would her in my lifetime. She said that the reason kids don't wanna wear hearing aids is because they are not gaining any benefit from them and it was time to learn sign language. So I took them up on the offer and started to learn it with my daughter. After learning this and holding classes at my families home I would only get the best news that a mother wants to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment